Areas of Competence:
Business Litigation, Commercial, Construction, Consumer, Contracts, Employment, Insurance, Medical Malpractice / Medical Negligence, Personal Injury, Products Liability, Professional Liability / Malpractice, Real Property
Tony is the Managing Partner of Behr, McCarter & Potter. He is a recipient of Missouri’s most prestigious trial lawyer award, The Lon O. Hocker Memorial Trial Lawyer Award. He is also a recipient of the Missouri Bar Foundation’s W. Oliver Rasch Award, given annually to the author of the most outstanding substantive article published in the Journal of the Missouri Bar. In 1988 Tony was named the Outstanding Young Lawyer of St. Louis County. Tony is admitted to practice in Missouri and Illinois.
Having tried more than 75 cases to verdict, Tony is rated “AV” (the highest rating possible) by Martindale-Hubbell ®, and is one of only four lawyers in St. Louis to have been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the categories of Commercial Litigation, Medical Malpractice Law, Personal Injury Litigation and Product Liability Litigation.
Tony is a past-president of the St. Louis County Bar Association. From 1992-1998, Tony served a six-year elected term as a member of the 21st Circuit Judicial Commission (St. Louis County) for the selection of judges, during which term fifteen judges were appointed to the bench.
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Executive Committee (1985-1987)
- Secretary (1987-1988)
- President Elect (1988-1989)
- President (1989-1990)
- Moderator, Trial Practice Seminar (1986-Active Member)
- The Lawyers Association of St. Louis (1980-Present)
- The Missouri Bar and Illinois State Bar-Active Member
- Vanderbilt University, B.E., Civil Engineering (1972-1976)
- St.Louis University School of Law, J.D. (1977-1980)
- Missouri (1980)
- Illinois (1981)
- Included in the 2010 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America
- Included in St. Louis Magazine Best Lawyers 2010
- Recipient of Lon O. Hocker Memorial Trial Lawyer Award, October 1990
St. Louis (Headquarters)
Available for Service