Areas of Competence:
Administrative Law, Business Litigation, Civil Rights, Commercial, Compensation, Construction, Consumer, Contracts, Employment, Environmental Law, Insurance, Intellectual Property, Labor, Personal Injury, Products Liability, Real Property, Social Security
Mediator, Arbitrator, Special Master
Mr. Sanders’ 40+ year legal career involved the resolution of disputes and litigation on behalf of individuals and entities as both plaintiff and defendant in all types of business disputes and tort damage cases while in-house (Peabody Coal/Energy) and later as equity partner with Lathrop & Gage LLP. Patrick has substantial experience with employment related claims, including a national practice involving federal and state court jury trial and appellate litigation, mediation & arbitration of complex wrongful discharge, employment discrimination & retaliation, sexual harassment, wage & hour, equal pay, whistleblower, collective bargaining disputes and worker safety & health compliance cases before Federal, State and local administrative agencies.
Mr. Sanders has been involved in the negotiation, resolution and litigation of disputes on a national and multistate basis in the construction, airline, automotive, financial services, mining, pipeline and transportation industries. He has mediated, arbitrated, litigated and advised regional and local clients in the evaluation and resolution of claims and disputes involving home and commercial construction, environmental services, creative design, chemical manufacturing, warehouse and logistics, food & beverage manufacturing, construction supply, metal & vehicle fabrication, trucking, printing, ambulance & public safety services, public sector governmental entities, casinos, restaurant and beverage sales, daycare and nursing home services, professional service providers, real estate development, multi-family and commercial building real estate management.
Patrick was also Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, and a member of the Board of Directors for a well-known privately held, multi-state business group with substantial operating holdings in sales, financing, service and real estate. His effective communication skills provided practical counsel on a wide variety of legal issues, as he advised owners and executives on the efficient resolution of claims and structured business transactions. Mr. Sanders’ prior legal and jury trial experience also includes Senior Labor Counsel for Peabody Coal Co. and Peabody Holding Co. (Peabody Energy), and Chief Trial Attorney/St. Louis County Office of the Public Defender.
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- American Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- American Bar Association, Employee Rights & Responsibilities Committee
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- National Association of Dealer Counsel
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- Saint Louis University, B.S. Finance, 1973
- Saint Mary's University School of Law, J.D., 1976
- Missouri Supreme Court, 1976
- United States District Court - Eastern District of Missouri, 1979
- United States Court of Appeals - Eighth Circuit, 1979
- United States Court of Appeals - Sixth Circuit, 1980
- United States Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit, 1982
- United States Court of Appeals - Seventh Circuit, 1984
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" Rating
- James S. McDonnell USO Distinguished Service Honor, 1992
Mediation Scheduling Calendar:
Please click on your preferred available date below to send your Appointment Request form directly to our scheduling staff.
St. Louis, MO
Available for Service