Areas of Competence:
Business Litigation, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Construction, Contracts, Employment, Insurance, Medical Malpractice / Medical Negligence, Personal Injury, Products Liability, Professional Liability / Malpractice, Real Property
Mediator, Arbitrator, Special Master
Karl W. Blanchard, Jr. practices primarily in medical malpractice defense, commercial and banking law, and insurance defense litigation.
He was elected Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers in 1993, and is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He has served on the Executive Board of both the Association of Defense Trial Attorneys and the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers.
Karl has lectured frequently regarding discovery, and federal practice for Continuing Legal Education courses, and has served as an instructor at the MODL Trial Academy. He has also been published in the MoBarCLE “Black Book” series regarding injunctions, settlements and evidentiary issues. He is a member of Defense Research Institute, American Bar Association and Jasper County Bar Association.
Karl received his A.B. from Westminster College in 1970 and graduated from the University of Missouri School of Law in 1973.
- Missouri Bar, 40+ years of service
- American College of Trial Lawyers, 20+ years of service, State Chair
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers, 25+ years of service, President 2007-2008
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Missouri (1973)
- Elected Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers in 1993
Available for Service