Hon. Brendan Ryan
Areas of Competence:
Business Litigation, Civil Rights, Commercial, Construction, Consumer, Contracts, Employment, Environmental Law, FELA, Insurance, Media Law, Medical Malpractice / Medical Negligence, Personal Injury, Probate, Products Liability, Professional Liability / Malpractice, Real Property, Securities
Hon. Brendan Ryan has moved to Kansas City, MO. He will continue to mediate in both Kansas City and St. Louis. Travel expenses to St. Louis may apply. Please email or call (314) 754-7900 for more information.
Judge Ryan has served a total of 21 years on the St. Louis circuit court. Since leaving the Bench in 1999, he has mediated over 1400 cases. While serving the City of St. Louis, he has spoken on numerous occasions for the Missouri Bar Association regarding the handling of motions and procedures. Additionally, he has given presentations to the St. Louis Medical Association on such issues as malpractice. From 1987 to 2000, he served as an adjunct professor of law at Washington University.
Judge Ryan has been the recipient of the University of Missouri Columbia Alumni Medal of Honor Award, the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys Award for the Administration of Justice and the National Conference of Metropolitan Courts awarded him the Justice Thomas C. Clark Award in 1996.
On October 4, 2002, he received the R. Walston Chubb Award from the Legal Services of Eastern Missouri.
In addition to serving on the Alaris ADR panel, Judge Ryan participates as a licensed mediator and arbitrator with the Federal District Courts, and the Circuit Court of both St. Louis City and St. Louis County.
- Missouri Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Lawyers Association of St. Louis
- National Association of Distinguished Neutrals
- University of Missouri Columbia, L.L.B (1961), B.A. (1958)
- Missouri, 1961
- Federal Courts, 1962
- The Best Lawyers in America 2008-2011
- Member of the National Association of Distinguished Neutrals
- University of Missouri Columbia Alumni Medal of Honor Award
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys Award for the Administration of Justice
- National Conference of Metropolitan Courts Justice Thomas C. Clark Award
- R. Walston Chubb Award from the Legal Services of Eastern Missouri
Mediation Scheduling Calendar:
Please click on your preferred available date below to send your Appointment Request form directly to our scheduling staff.
Available for Service