Bridget G. Hoy
Areas of Competence:
Business Litigation, Civil Rights, Commercial, Consumer, Contracts, Intellectual Property, Personal Injury
Bridget G. Hoy gives relationship-based, strategic representation to plaintiffs and defendants, individuals and companies, in nearly all types of business-related disputes. Bridget passionately navigates her clients through contract, consumer fraud, personal injury, trademark, patent, and other legal issues to successful outcomes, regularly including trial of multi-million dollar matters.
Bridget litigates cases in both federal and state courts in Missouri, Illinois, and across the country, and she also represents clients in administrative and arbitration proceedings. Six years enlisted in the U.S. Air Force and two years as a federal district court law clerk built a foundation of unique skills upon which she tends to this wide-ranging legal practice.
A past Chair of the Professionalism and Ethics Committee of the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (BAMSL), Bridget has written and presented on ethics and professionalism issues numerous times. In 2006, BAMSL awarded her the President's Service Award for her work addressing substance abuse, depression, and other impairments, which translate into ethics and professionalism violations.
Community involvement is very important to Bridget. At local universities in St. Louis, she taught criminal law and legal research and writing. She provides pro bono representation to indigent clients as part of a federal court mediation program, and she tutors in the St. Louis Public Schools. Bridget presently serves on the Board of the Ronald McDonald House Charities and serves as a past President of the Women Lawyers' Association of Greater St. Louis.
• Trustee, Federal Memorial Trust
• Fellow, American Bar Foundation
• Certified Mediator, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
• Past President, Women Lawyers' Association of Greater St. Louis
• Former Barrister, Theodore McMillian Inns of Court
• Former Chair Professionalism and Ethics Committee, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
• Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2001)
• U.S. Supreme Court
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth and Eleventh Circuits
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
• U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois
• Missouri Bar
• Illinois Bar
Honors & Awards
• Litigation Practitioner Award, Women's Justice Awards, Missouri Lawyer's Weekly (2017)
• Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® (2016-2018)
• Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers® (2011-2012, 2014-2015, 2017)
• Rising Star Award, Women's Justice Awards, Missouri Lawyer's Weekly (2010)
Available for Service